IT Infrastructure & Network Security Solutions Company
A companies IT security is one of the most critical parts of a comprehensive IT strategy. It’s common for businesses to spend a large part of their budget on IT infrastructure but often leaving vulnerabilities in their systems that can potentially lead to major data breaches. Security isn’t something to take lightly and puts your companies assets at risk if they’re not properly secured.
Some of the most pressing issues that assail the modern business include.
– DDoS Attacks – A potentially debilitating attack that can attack any sized business.
– Ransomware – A popular tool of the nefarious to eliminate a business’ stored data with the punch of a button.
– Vulnerable IoT Devices – Not all have a built in security plan, making them easy prey.
– Social Engineering or Phishing – These schemes hope to convince employees into handing over sensitive data.
– Mobile Malware – Not even mobile devices are safe from these threats.
Security in this modern technological age means protecting devices, securing networks and closely monitoring data storage. Plans should also be in place to improve security and facilitate monitoring of all facets of IT infrastructure.
Keeping Your Business Secure
Tight budgets are typically the underlying cause of lax security. Nevertheless, all of the major computing platforms, enterprise cloud services, virtualization and server systems feature stalwart security. Actually, most business should be looking at:
- System Data backup
- Security updates
- User level security permissions/tools
IT infrastructure is not the only tool businesses can rely on. Using a special security tool can improve security in the event that one of the other security elements fails. For example, if an OS exploit has been found attacks must be prevented until an effective OS patch can be released. Until then, a antivirus or firewall can keep your network safe.
A few other ideas for improving IT security include:
- Conducting vulnerability assessments
- Penetration testing
- Disaster recovery planning and testing